Monday, May 12, 2008

What's for Dinner This Week...


After a busy week, I've been kind of dragging my feet in the menu planning department. There are just some weeks where it's hard to come up with a plan. So, I'm keeping it simple and using the grill quite a bit. The Parsley Parmesan Baked Chicken recipe was given to me by a friend (thanks, Lori!) and I love it because it's easy, healthy and flavorful. I've included the recipe below. We're doing dinner in the park again on Wednesday, so I'll be making a big summer pasta salad for my husband and me. I'll post that recipe soon.

Monday: Spaghetti, meatballs and tossed salad
Tuesday: Parsley Parmesan Chicken (recipe below), Brown Rice, Green Beans
Wednesday: Picnic at the park with Summertime Tortellini Salad
Thursday: Dinner out
Saturday: James Beard's Favorite Hamburgers, Oven Fries, Greek Salad

If you're looking for an easy, downloadable menu planner, you'll find a great one here.

For more menu planning ideas, head over to Laura's place!
Parsley and Parmesan Baked Chicken
1/4 cup bottled Italian Salad Dressing
Approximately 6 chicken breasts (I prefer Boneless and Skinless)
2 T water
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup finely snipped parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup fine bread crumbs
Pour salad dressing into 13" x 9"x 2" baking dish; add chicken, turning to coat on all sides. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours, ocasionally tilting dish and spooning dressing over chicken. Drain, reserving dressing. Combine egg and water. In plastic bag, combine cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, paprika and pepper. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then shake a few pieces at a time in crumb mixture to coat. Return coated chicken to baking dish; spoon remaining Italian dressing on top. Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes or till chicken is tender.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Parmesan Chicken sounds beautiful. Dinner in the park sounds fun, wrong weather for us now as we drift further into Autumn.

I also have a kids activity pack giveaway in conjunction with my menu plan this week.

Mandi said...

The parmesan chicken sounds great, thanks for the recipe. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Your menu looks delicious! How's it going so far with the menu this week (Thursday)?

Allie
www.learningtobefrugal.wordpress.com