Wednesday, July 2, 2008

5 ingredients (or thereabouts): Pineapple Salsa Salmon


Shannon has deemed this Works for Me Wednesday the "Five Ingredients or Less" edition, so I'm going to share one of the easiest recipes I know. Technically, if you count the salmon filets and the lemon pepper seasoning, it's just over five ingredients, but most of the ingredients for the sauce are usually things I have on hand. So, really it couldn't be simpler. Serve it over some 10-minute Boil in a Bag brown rice and you're out of the kitchen in 15 minutes. Promise.

I will warn you that the mix of ingredients sounds a little crazy, but the result is delicious.

Pineapple Salsa Salmon (courtesy of Publix)

1/2 pound fresh pineapple chunks (you can also use chunks from a 20 oz. can, just drain them)
1 cup refrigerated mild or medium salsa
2 tsp. horseradish
1 tbsp. honey mustard
2 tsp. cornstarch

1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillets (I use frozen)
cooking spray
lemon pepper seasoning

Chop pineapple into 1/4 inch pieces. Place in medium mixing bowl and stir together with salsa, horseradish, honey mustard, and cornstarch. Set aside. Rinse fish and pat dry. Cut into 4 servings, if needed. Spray both sides of fish with cooking spray and sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning. Preheat large saute pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes. Using tongs, place fish in saute pan and cook 3 minutes. Turn fish over, and add pineapple mixture. Cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer 5-7 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Season fish to taste with salt and pepper. Serve fish and sauce over rice.

7 comments:

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Ooo. That does sound delicious. I wish my husband liked fruit seasonings for meat and fish.

Do the kiddos like this meal? Mine aren't too sure they are into fish yet. I keep trying....

Anonymous said...

I'd have to substitute chicken for the fish because I'm difficult like that but I think it sounds like one to try for sure.

One of our favorite new recipes, btw, is the one for the pineapple chicken fajitas you blogged about weeks ago. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Ohh... I love it when salmon turns out well. This sounds so great for summer, I'm going to have to add it to my grocery list.

I left you a present over at my blog last week, btw. ;)

mah-meeee said...

YES! i think i have all the ingredients at home today!

will try that for sure!

Deanna said...

I am loving this week's WFMW! I love salmon recipes. Definitely trying this. Sounds YUMMY!

Jackie said...

Yum! Sounds delicious and so easy. :)

heather said...

Oh yes, if I didn't just make salmon yesterday I'd make this tomorrow. Maybe I can sneak it in on Friday!