Friday, July 25, 2008

Here's where I start to feel old...

Anyone remember when this?


When Nirvana and Kurt Cobain first appeared on the music scene with their album Nevermind, I was in my sophomore year of high school and that album was IT. The cool music. The beginning of "grunge." Remember? Smells Like Teen Spirit. It felt so "rebellious." I loved it.


Well, today the baby on the cover? He turns 18. His name is Spencer Elden.



And me? Well, I'm feeling awfully old. Like someone who's thinking back on Woodstock (or Lollapalooza, in this case) thankyouverymuch.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh my. The funny thing, though, is that I still feel about 20. Until I look in the mirror. And then I just can't reconcile the two. :)

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

I'm like Jackie. I keep thinking I'm this college student. But, I'm obviously not.

Unknown said...

I loved Nirvana... big giant pink puffy heart love. I saw them in concert and moshed in the mosh pit. I loved them.

I can't believe that baby is 18. Holy Jack.

Anonymous said...

I had just graduated high school. I can't believe it's been that long.

Anonymous said...

Well, that stinks.