Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Makeup Application 101: Brushing up on the basics


When I first got married, I could not cook to save my life.

My culinary repertoire consisted of cold cereal, boiling water and, on a good day, maybe a scrambled egg.

Despite my gastronomic deficiencies, my mother and grandmother insisted on outfitting my newlywed kitchen with every utensil, gadget and pan known to mankind. At the time, it seemed like overkill. I mean, it was highly unlikely I'd be reaching for a meat thermometer to check a turkey when I was still trying to master toast.

But, as my cooking skills slowly improved, I discovered a need for various kitchen tools. Time and again I would be thrilled to discover the perfect tool hiding out in my kitchen drawer (lovingly purchased by mom or grandmom) for use at just the right time.

What on earth does this have to do with beauty?

When you're trying to do a job well, it pays to have the right tools in your arsenal. Cooking is easier when you have the right utensils. When it comes to makeup, what you use to apply it makes all the difference in the world. (read more)