Thursday, December 11, 2008

What to Wear? Advice Needed!

Alright. I need some help. My husband's "work" Christmas party is coming up on Monday night. After following Jane for a few months, and buying a slew of Christmas gifts, I really don't want to spend more money on a dressy Christmas outfit that (truth is) will get worn once a year.

So, in the spirit of seasonal thriftiness, I went "shopping" in my closet and came up with three options for Monday night's par-tay. I'm looking for a little input from everyone. Help me decide which one.

Now before you go checking out the pictures, I do have to put in a few disclaimers. First of all, I didn't do my makeup. Secondly, it's been raining cats and dogs here for two days. So, that should explain the hair. I promise, it will look much better come Monday night. M'kay?

Here are the choices:

Option 1:

This is my standard holiday uniform. I'm pretty sure I wore it to the party last year. But, I love the beaded sweater and the velvet pants are super-comfy. I could wear it with or without the shawl.





Option 2:

The next two options feature a LBD that I have had in the closet for years and I think I've worn all of two times. (Lori, do you remember when I bought it with you?) In this option (yikes my hair!), I've topped the dress with an embellished black sweater. The sweater once belonged to my grandmother (it was my great-grandmother who added the sequins and all), so I guess this is kind of "vintage" inspired, if you will.




Option 3:

I'm pretty sure I've worn this blouse to a Christmas party before, as well. But, this time I've just layered it over the dress. Maybe with the right accessories (suggestions???) it would work. (Although, I'm not too sure about the Elvira sleeves.)



So there you have it. Three choices. Which one do you like best? Please, I'm all ears. Help a girlfriend out. :)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, you look great! I vote for the chic black on black number. The beaded cardigan is awesome and looks festive without being over the top. I like the top photo too, but you'd have to switch out the white top for a black one. It's also a great look, totally different from the black skirt ensemble.

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

First of all, you are too cute!

Second, I like option one the best.

Passion4Fashion said...

I like the second option... you look fun and cute yet polished.

Rachel said...

I can hardly get over how teensy you are! You're just darlin'!!!

Personally, I love all of them, but the second chi chi chic black number speaks to me. Diggin' it.

my word ver is 'holla' that is perfect.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Oh...I really hate making decisions...especially for other people.

BUT, I like the first and second outfits best.

Anonymous said...

OK, first of all . . .always cute. Whatever option you choose, go with the shoes that you're wearing with the dress, though. Those shoes rock!

I can't help but wonder how modern and hip you can be if you're wearing a sweater of your grandmother's??? :)

I like the very last option the best! You of course can't go wrong with any. But my favorites, in order, are #4, #3, #2, #1. But definitely wear the hot shoes, girl, regardless.

Good luck.

And no -- I don't remember buying the LBD -- what does that stand for?? Long black dress?? am I SO out of the lingo???

Good luck!!

mah-meeee said...

i like option 2 even though you look great in all three (so jealous!)

the second one seems dressier than the other two and still stylish and chic. option one was ruled out since you mentioned you have already worn it before. option three just seem too casual.

my two cents.

Unknown said...

I love #2!! It makes you look very slim and super elegant!! Wow!
You should wear #2!!!

Jackie said...

I like both one and two...the shawl is really cool. But overall I think the second outfit is my favorite...you look very chic and pulled together.

Jane said...

I agree with the others.
1. You have a fantastic figure so would look great in a paper bag.
2. That smile dresses any outfit up.
3. My vote goes for the first and last outfits.
I hope you have a great time.

Unknown said...

What a cutie you are! Not that I'm surprised, it's just fun to see what bloggers look like apart from the avatar.

I love option 2. Its stunning. I like the bit sparkle in the sweater.

Have fun!

Vanessa said...

I think they are all great choices but my favorite is #2.

Christina Lee said...

you are cute as a button!!!I say option #2. Love the sweater (and the history of it)and the rocking shoes. OR, sorry to confuse the issue more, but how about the dress in #2 with the FABULOUS shawl in #1???
oh and BTW, so cool you went to the rock hall. that's tonight and I have to decide what to wear too-I'll let you know how it was!
oh and p.s. I had to post about our mutual boyfriend today(wink, wink)

Joy said...

THey are all good options, but my favorite is the second one!

Kristen said...

LBD = Little Black Dress. Sheesh, Lori, I thought I was out of it. =)

Anyway, I'm torn between 1 and 2. LOVE that shawl. I would end up with it in my food if I wore it though. Option 2 is gorgeous and I love the history behind the sweater. I think I'd have to go with the LBD more than the pants.

("You should wear skirts more. You look good in skirts." Sorry, I've seen When Harry Met Sally WAY too many times.)

Does your husband get a vote or will he just fall back to the standard, "You look great in anything, honey" answer? He'd be right, but still.

Unknown said...

I'm in love with the sweater in Option 2 so I vote that one. I also love the silver shawl, but you already wore it so that's out.

:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have a rocking body. Does it even matter what you wear?!

I vote for number 1 with the shawl. So stylish and festive, too.

Carrie said...

Hi! I love #1 but since you think you wore it last year, I would go with #2! You look great in it! Really pretty outfit!

Musings of a Housewife said...

I think you made the right choice, but they are all adorable.