Sunday, February 22, 2009

Unplugging...

Well, I'm taking a little break.

I seem to have lost my "blog mojo" over the past couple of weeks. My "real life" priorities feel a little askew. I'm distracted. I'm not focusing on what I need to be focusing on. My soul just hasn't been at peace. And, I can't seem to figure out where this blog should fit in.

I've been thinking a lot about this verse lately:

I am the Lord your God,
who teaches you what is best for you,
who directs you in the way you should go.

If only you followed my commands,
your peace would have been like a river,
your righteousness like the waves of the sea. Is. 48:17-18

I need a little peace and direction. So, in order for me to hear God's voice, I'm going to need to unplug for the week. I won't be blogging, and I won't be reading (though I will be checking email every few days.) It's going to be really difficult for me because I love to see what y'all are up to, but I really need to use this time to get back on track.

Have a great week y'all and I can't wait to catch up with you next week!

12 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I totally understand, but will miss you.

Oh, and I love that verse. When I was younger, I had a plaque with the literal meaning of my name and a life verse...it was Isaiah 48:17.

Jane said...

Take care. You'll be missed.:)

Jean said...

yes, I know what you mean..sometimes the blogging is distracting. Hope you get things sorted. Take care x

Christina Lee said...

yep, I think it happens to us all-
take good care and see you on the fip side :)

Jackie said...

A bloggy break can do wonders for getting our perspective back. Enjoy your time, and focus on what is important...and we'll be here when you get back!

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

I'm leeeeeaaaaning towards, well, I don't know. :) A break sounds good.

Elizabeth said...

I need to do the same thing! Why does it have to be so hard to do?

I hope your break is purposeful and wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy. I know you will hear from the Lord. We always do when we just shut up for a pair of minutes!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Enjoy your break! I hoe you feel refreshed when you come back. :-)

Unknown said...

Hope your break is going well!

Kimba said...

Hi Michelle,

I hope you're still checking in during your blogging break because you've won the giveaway on my blog for Jeanne Winters' book.

Shoot me an email with your address and we'll get it in the mail to you.

Kimba

Jacinda said...

That verse is awesome! Thanks for posting that. I know for me, when life gets full, blogging is the first to go. Praying you find peace this week.